Finding Hope, Redemption, Courage... from Cancer

"(At one time) my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road. I thought I could see along it for many a milestone. Now there is a bend in it. I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does. It has a fascination of its own, that bend." - Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday's Pick of the Week: Ode to Vancouver's Rain

I know its not quite raining today, but you know that thing where we all spend our lives complaining about rain? Today it occurred to me that perhaps sun actually has a downside: it induces inescapable guilt. Yes, I said guilt. Because if I spot the sun and in a true-Vancouverite-panic, rush my kids outside to soak up every last minute because, who knows, it might not return for a year or something, then I don't do all the zillions of things that need to get done inside my house, things like laundry and cooking and dishes and the things that make me look like a halfway-decent mother. And, if I ignore the sun and say, no, I'm getting this stuff done, then I think, my poor kids are inside on a day like this. So, sometimes, there's good things to the rain. It limits my options, removes the guilt a little, because if its raining, well, not the worst thing in the world to stay inside.

Good grief, I'm messed up. But whatever, again, another post, another time. Today I discovered this brilliant little post on the 'Vancouver, We Love You,' site, celebrating one of the things Vancouver is famous for, rain.

By the way, I love these guys at Vancouver We Love You.... and I love not only their shirts but that they donate some of the income to the Covenant House in Vancouver, who are working to counteract some of the poverty issues that still plague our great city. Just another one of those groups that are doing their part in this unseen war that I blogged about here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely blurb about us! We appreciate the support :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I ordered my t-shirt this week ;)

    ReplyDelete